Thursday, March 27, 2014

A favorite project

As I was thinking about what I wanted to share on the blog, I kept going back to one of my favorite (and easy!) projects!

I bought this great oval shaped table at Goodwill on half price Saturday! $10 steal! Although it was a great piece on its own, and it stayed like this in my living room for quite some time, I walked by it one day and realized it needed some love!

So I cleaned it off, grabbed an old copy of one of my favorite books (Wuthering Heights), and Modge Podge. I started ripping pages out of the book (which kinda made me cry because I love it so much, but I have it on my Nook now so I can read it over and over again!) As I ripped, I laid the pages out on the table until it was covered.

When it was covered, I took one page off and put the Modge Podge directly on the table, then placed the page on top. I repeated this until the table top was covered. The edges were a bit tricky, but all you have to do is carefully (and I mean carefully) bend them under. Then I took Modge Podge to the top of the pages as well. After all that dried I also covered the top with a layer of polyurethane for protection.

I just loved how it turned out! Have you done any projects with Modge Podge that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment